Soooo, most of you are probably aware that festival season is among us! Yes, beware of Instagram during this time. You might see a lot of photos from festival attendees in all their super cute festival get-ups. I’d say each year, the festival fashion just keeps getting better and better and it makes it so hard to shop when I just want everything! Well, in honor of festival season, I’ve put together a SIMPLE, basic list of what you should bring if you are attending a music festival this year…
- Backpack or this adorable “Fanny Pack” – This suede fringe backpack is everything and is perfect for a music festival (plus it’s super affordable!). Now if you’re feeling a little 90s vibe, this fanny pack — or as they call it a “waist + hip purse belt” — has festival vibes written all over it.
- Portable Phone Charger – With all the videos/photos you’ll be taking and by simply being on the outdoor fields all day, trust me, you’ll need a backup charger! Who likes having a dead phone anyways? (Not me!)
- Temporary Tattoos - Oooooh, I’ll definitely be tatting myself with these! This is such a fun way to accessorize yourself without having real accessories weigh you down or having the fear of losing your jewelry.
- Hair Accessories: option ONE, TWO, or THREE – Move over flower headbands! These are the hair accessory pieces I’ll be rocking this year. I love the delicacy of each piece. Simple. Understated. Festival Approved.
- Ponytail Holders - So my day will probably start with wearing my hair down, but as the day goes on, I’ll most likely end up wearing my hair up because a) it’s hot out, b) my hair looks frizzy/out-of-control, c) get my hair out of my face, and d) have an excuse of wearing THESE super cute ponytail holders (I love that touch of gold metal).
- Mini Hair Brush - This is one of my favorite hair brushes to use, and it even comes in a mini travel size. I, personally, like to maintain my hair if I know I’ll be out all day….so, I’ll definitely be carrying one of these in my bag.
- Hand Sanitizer (Bonus: the sanitizer case!) – Um, if you’re a clean/germ freak like I am, I’ll be carrying this for sure. Yes, I know there are hand sanitizing stations at festivals but it’s always convenient to have a personal one for yourself. Plus, how festive is this sanitizer holder?!!
- Oil Blotting Sheets – You’re in the heat, you’re outside all day, and your face starts to get oily/shiny-looking…don’t mind me as I step aside to blot my face in order to keep it as fresh as can be.
- Drink Sleeves - Ok, so maybe you don’t necessarily HAVE to bring these drink sleeves (or as I’d like to call them, ‘koozies’) but they are just super cute + playful and it would also make for a pretty cool Instagram photo (just saying).
- Sandals: option ONE or TWO – Lace-up sandals are so in right now. Plus, these sandals are neutral-colored so they’ll match any outfit. Now if you want to step up the sandal game a bit, the sandals with the big gems are a great alternative!
- Sunglasses: option ONE or TWO – Festivals give you an opportunity to step outside your comfort zone and wear different kinds of fashion accessories that you typically don’t get to wear everyday. Exhibit A: these sunglasses are perfect for wearing to a music festival.
Also, please do not forget to pack + wear some SPF because we know how important it is to protect your skin from the sun!
Are you attending a music festival this year? If so, what are some of your must-have items to bring to a festival? Sound off in the comments below!