We don’t always give the proper attention and detail to our lower lashes. Maybe we think they’re an afterthought so we quickly sweep what’s left on the wand through them and move on to another area. I’d like to make a case for why we should give them 45 seconds of our time! There’s something very flirty about lower lashes, and for a lot of us either their tips are blonde or the whole lash is light and you barely even see them. All of our lashes need to be seen in order to bat them! Here’s how:
- Mascara Primer – My new lash obsession in Blinc Black Lash Primer because it really coats each lash thickly to prepare them for mascara. You can apply as many coats of it as you need to within 60 seconds. Obviously use it on your upper lashes too!
- Mini-Wand Mascara – Mini wands work so much better on our bottom lashes and Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara is by far my favorite because of both the plastic bristles and the volumizing formula.
- Start with the primer, hold the wand horizontally as you wiggle it through the lashes.
- Continuing with the primer, hold the wand vertically and paint each lash or lash grouping from the root to the tip.
- Switch the mini-wand. Starting with the outer lashes, direct them outward by pulling them towards your temple with the wand.
- Move to your middle lashes and use the wand to pull them downward (basically how they already grow).
- Finish by pulling your inner lashes towards your nose.
You can use a waterproof formula if you’ve had bad luck with mascara running on your bottom lashes. Just don’t give up on them! Every now and then when I do a cat eye on a client and want everything lifted upward, I leave the bottom lashline bare with no liner and no mascara. But that’s the only occasion I ever skip detailing and bringing the lower lashes to life!