I’m way into uneven rows of braids right now and I had a good idea (or at least I think it is) and wanted to share. I’m heading out for vacation in a week or so and I really needed some kind of rad pool hair situation since I plan on being in it most of the time I’m away. So I decided to combine my normal pool strategy with a cool girl hair look. Here’s how I’ll be keeping my red hair fresh while I’m maxing + relaxing…
As we know, it’s best to get in the pool with hair that’s been wet from a shower vs letting the hair soak up salt water or chlorinated water!
- first I’ll wet my hair in the shower and ring out the excess water.
- next, I’ll add in MY FAVORITE DEEP CONDITIONER that I talk about on the regs. Also available in this GIANT TUB which is what I get.
- towel dry out of the shower with the conditioner still in it.
- once it’s towel dried, I’ll create my uneven rows of braids (pretty much exactly the way you see it in the photo above). I like inside-out french braids best (aka: dutch braids) because they appear fuller and tend to have more texture but you can also do these the regular way.
- I’ll tie them off with small clear elastics and submerge myself into the pool with a cocktail in hand.
And let’s not forget my APRES SWIM hair routine! Later fishes!!!