Summer is here but our tans may not be yet (or if you’re like me, you fake it all summer long while loading up the SPF). So here’s a perfect makeup look for summer… bronzed cheeks, gilded lids, a lined eye and a pink lip. Simple and gorgeous. Here’s how:
- Tinted Moisturizer in your own shade or a half shade darker: I used Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer on Lacy above because its shade range is wide enough to include everyone and it feels really light while still offering great coverage.
- Egg-Shaped Sponge: I always use the original Beauty Blender Sponge (as I’m sure you’ve noticed now in so many of my tutorials!) because it has more bend and flexibility than the other egg-shaped sponges.
- Your Favorite Bronzer: For over 5 years Hourglass’s Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset has been my go-to cream bronzer because it’s warm and I can sheer it out for fair skin yet it’s dark enough to show up on olive and medium-to-dark skin tones.
- Your Favorite Pink Blush: I used the cream blush from the Hourglass Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset because it shows up on all skin tones and is the perfect sun-kissed shade of pink.
- Gold Eyeshadow: I used Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Shadow in Comex Gold. It’s so pretty it makes my heart happy! You can add a sheer layer like I did above, or you can make it intense like I did in the Get Sequined Tutorial.
- Black Longwear Eyeliner: My favorite black kohl longwear pencil is Sephora Collection Long Lasting Kohl Pencil because it’s longwear but still has enough slip to it to glide on intensely and evenly.
- Mascara: I used Mally Volumizing Mascara because it’s still my obsession!
- Pink Lipstick: I used Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in Teddy Boy, such a pretty color for Summer!
- First apply the tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck with the egg sponge.
- Next bronze the hollow of your cheeks, your temples and the two sides of your forehead with the cream bronzer using a blush brush, foundation brush or a sponge.
- Don’t forget to bronze your jawline and neck as well so it all matches.
- Smile and apply blush to the top portion of the apples of your cheeks with a blush brush.
- Blend everything together with the egg sponge.
- Apply the pink lipstick all over the lip area.
- Swipe your finger across the gold glitter shadow and press it all over the lid and crease.
- Load it up again and sweep it across the lower lashline.
- Line the upper lashline with the kohl pencil.
- Rim the inner waterline with the kohl pencil.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.