For some of you, this is a no-brainer. But for many out there, this isn’t happening! I can’t tell you how many times I see someone’s foundation end on her jawline so obviously that it’s distracting. Do I tell her? Does it matter? I don’t want to hurt her feelings but it’s such a quick fix and maybe she didn’t think about. So I’m making my case here to please bring your foundation down to include your necks. Unless you’re wearing a turtleneck, it’s a must-do, otherwise your foundation won’t be seamless but a dead giveaway that you’re wearing it.
My biggest advice for this though is to do the rest of your makeup first, leaving foundation for last. Then put your top/dress on so you don’t get foundation on the collar or neckline. Once it’s on, you can then finish your look with foundation.
- Your Favorite Foundation — ok, right now this is my favorite department store liquid foundation ($$$$) and this is my favorite mass market liquid foundation ($). This is my favorite mineral powder foundation ($$) and this is my favorite cream foundation ($$).
- Your Favorite Foundation Brush
- or Your Favorite Egg Sponge
- Apply foundation all over your face (with a brush or sponge or your fingers) like you normally would.
- Now bring the brush all the way down to include your neck. Depending on your top’s neckline, you can bring it down even further.