TUTORIAL + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN
Last year the It Lip was Oxblood, which is still really hot (revisit our Oxblood Tutorial here). This year, we’ve scoped out the A/W 14 runways and the best of the street style bloggers and have determined this to be this year’s must try lip color! You can wear it glossy or try our DIY stain version. Here’s how:
- When you’re applying your foundation all over your face and neck, go ahead and apply it over your lip area.
- Pat it into the lip lines if necessary.
- Apply the berry shade directly from the tube or wand in this case.
- Place a blotting paper over the lip area and gently press.
photo/post by Kristin Ess
You will need:
- I didn’t do a base coat, I just very very very lightly buffed the surface of my nail.
- Use a stripe brush and dip it into the black gel polish.
- Create a “v shape” using the diagram below.
- Fill in the sides with the black gel polish.
- Add your gold triangle charm using either super glue or clear gel polish. If you use clear polish it will obviously be safer but also take a bit more time to dry so be patient! You can also use a gold polish to create a tiny triangle if you don’t have a charm on hand.
- I didn’t love the metal finish of the charm because it was a little too yellow for me, so I went over it with a little swipe of the gold polish.
- Clean up any polish mess ups with a brush and remover as seen here.
- Last, add your clear top coat.
Here’s a quick illustration of the pattern! I suggest making the black outer painted triangle more narrow and long vs. wide. It just looks a bit cooler, in my opinion. A wider triangle just makes it look more like a graphic french manicure.
Photography/Post/Graphic Design by Norah Curlee
Welcome to happy hour, Beauty Bites edition! So, technically this isn’t a cocktail, but we’ve subbed out the hangovers for hydration with our sparkling orange coconut waters! Coconut water on its own is quite bland and definitely an acquired taste that might not be for everyone. We’ve got a few tips and tricks on how to take your everyday coconut water, and turn it into something a bit more…FUN, all while maintaining those beauty benefits we all crave. We’ll drink to that!
These super refreshing drinks couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Coconut water
4. Sparkling water
5. Coconut milk
Take the juice of one whole orange and one whole lime and pour into your glass. Next pour in your coconut water until your glass is about 3/4 of the way full. Top it off with sparkling water leaving a little room for our favorite part…the foamy top! To make it frothy we took some coconut milk and whisked it until it became thick and foamy (just like how you’d make whipped cream). Add your coconut foam right on top and a sprig of mint for freshness! These look and taste like you’re having an exotic cocktail on a beach somewhere. We are on board with that!
So now that we are all toasting to our health and sipping all the pretty drinks. Let’s chat for a minute about coconut water and why it’s so good for us. The main and most well known reason is for hydration and the replenishment of electrolytes in your body. It’s also effective in boosting proper circulation, allowing your skin to breathe plenty of healthy oxygen to help promote a good complexion. This amped up circulation also increases blood flow to the scalp to strengthen hair follicles and increase density. To add to the list, coconut water also has anti-aging and anti-carcinogenic properties which balance PH levels and keeps the connective tissues in your skin hydrated and strong.
Bottoms up ya’ll! Who likes the taste of coconut water on its own? Would you be more keen on trying it/drinking it mixed into a fun drink like this one? Let us know in the comments! Also, if you shake up a round of these coconut cocktails, snap a pic and tag us on Instagram or Twitter! @tbdofficial @thebeautydept