One of my (and I’m sure your) favorite things in the world is a perfectly messy braid. Don’t you ever wonder how hairstylists get that look? Not the slept on kind of mess, but the perfect amount of fly aways to give your braid that glowing halo? So romantic and so beautiful. Today I’m exposing the tool that we often use to get that look. It’s nothing more than a men’s barbering brush which you can find HERE for about $5. Here’s how you make the perfect mess…
- Start with your Favorite. Braided. Updo.
- Lightly pull upward on individual loops (as illustrated above) to loosen your braid slightly.
- Pull down a few little pieces around your face.
- Grab your new best friend, the barber brush.
- Give your hair a couple light swirls with the barber brush. I like to brush in the opposite direction of the way I braided the hair. Don’t be afraid. You can always hairspray or pin excess pieces down. Keep going til you get that mess texture you want. Then give it the lightest spritz of hairspray.
Here are a couple of photos for inspiration! Enjoy xobraid tutorials, braided updo 2013, braids 2013, braids with texture, fall braid ideas, fishtail 2013, french braid 2013, kristin ess, kristin ess braids, kristin ess hair, messy braid, messy braids, new braid ideas, perfectly messy, pretty braid ideas, summer braid ideas, texture tool, textured braids, the beauty department, the beauty department braid, thebeautydepartment.com, thebeautydepartment.com braids, tools for texture, tutorial