Have no fear, the dreamcatcher mani is here! We obviously have a love affair with nail art at TBD, and now we’re adding little more dimension. For this look, I grabbed a couple things from a craft box– some lace, grey string and white string. Let’s get to it!
- I painted all but one nail a lovely shade of St. Lucia by Essie, then did an accent nail with Nude Now by Sally Hansen.
- Next, cut a small circle out of a piece of lace. Try to cut the circle from somewhere you see a good pattern.
- Lay down a generous (non-quick drying) clear coat and then stick your lace circle to it.
- Measure out a piece of string that will reach all the way around the lace circle. Cut it a little longer and then you can snip off the excess. The best way I find to lay this down is to lightly drag it through a little clear coat, lay it around the lace and then tap it down with a dotting tool.
- Now, cut a few tiny pieces of white string.
- Again you want to drag them through a little bit of clear coat, lay them down and tap them using a dotting tool just like you did to lay down the string in step 4.
- Use a dotting tool to lay down a generous dot in any color you choose. Here I just used a nice charcoal-y grey.
- And finally, use the mechanical pencil trick to make tiny dots at the ends of your white strings.
When you finish, go over everything with a clear coat to secure it to the nail. This is a very fun accent nail to have. And of course, if you sleep with your hand over your head it will filter out any bad dreams. : )Tags: craft, DIY, dream, dream catcher, dream catcher nail art, dreamcatcher, dreamcatcher manicure, how to, kristin ess, kristin ess nails, lace, lace nail art, mani, manicure, nail, nail art, nailart, nails, polish, so it yourself, string, tutotial