Hot date this Valentine’s day? Perhaps you want to try this mani! And even if you’re flying solo or hanging with friends, this manicure is bestie approved and the combination is really fun. Fully inspired by a pair of Louboutins– it’s like looking at them from the bottom. The subtle hint of animal print + rich red = a fun, flirty vibe!
TOOLS: cheetah print nail stickers (used OPI + Sephora in this tutorial), reinforcement stickers, red nail polish, clear top coat.
1. Read the instructions on how to apply the nail strips because the directions vary from brand to brand.
2. Apply the cheetah print nail strips on all fingers as your base.
3. Apply the reinforcement stickers on each finger. You can put them where ever you want, but I like to follow the “moons” of the nails.
4. Now paint your nails red. Start at the edge of the sticker and paint to the tip of your nail. Do a second coat if neccessary!
5. Last but not least, add a quick drying top coat!
AND… Next up is the sweeter side of the Valentine mani. This was done by our super talented friend Jenna Day! Of course you’ll remember her from THIS metallic mani. She won our guest blogger contest last year and her tutorial was a big hit!! We “heart” her and all of this cuteness… Thanks Jenna!
TOOLS: base & top coat, dark pink, medium pink, light pink, reinforcement stickers.
1. Start with either your darkest pink or lightest pink. Try to use colors that have good coverage with just one coat because you want this layer to dry completely before the next step.
2. Put 2 reinforcement stickers together (should look like an “8”) and place them towards the bottom of your nails. You are going to do this twice so look at your nail and cover 1/3 each time. You want to make room for all 3 of the colors for the final look.
3. Paint your medium color. If possible just paint 1 coat, you will also want this to dry completely before placing stickers on your nails again. Use quick drying nail polish for the first and middle layers.
4. Remove the stickers when the paint has dried with your medium shade. Waiting for it to dry is important because removing the sticker too soon will cause the nail polish to smear and not have clean lines!
5. Now repeat steps 2 & 3 this time using either your darkest pink or lightest pink.
6. Remove the stickers once that layer has dried and check out those nails!!! At first they may look choppy and layered but once your apply your top coat it will even out and complete the look on your nails. Plus putting stickers on your nails can dull your color some so this also helps your colors be bright and shiny again.Tags: DIY, how to, jenna day, kristin ess, mani, manicure, nail, nail art, nail polish, nails, pretty, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial, valentine, valentine's day