We get a lot of emails about getting ready in under 10 minutes. This one is ideal for anyone with straight or limp hair. If your hair is wavy or curly, blow it out the night before and follow the same instructions. (The Perfect Blow Out Tutorial coming early June!) This is much quicker and less detailed than “The Every Day Wave“. Your goal with this is just to put some quick, polished curl from middle to ends of your hair so you don’t look too disheveled for work or school when you’re in a rush.
Steps for waves in under 10 minutes:
- Divide your hair into 4 sections. I like to take the hair that falls in front of the shoulders + the hair that falls behind the shoulders and then split them in 2 to get my 4 sections. Clip the front sections up.
- Curl section one (see above). Start with the middle and inch your way down to the ends. I like using a 1″ barrel for this but you can also use 1 1/4″ if you have that.
- Curl section two. Make sure you’re directing everything back and down just as Melissa is in the photos.
- Curl section three. Try to avoid spraying with hairspray until after the final section if you can.
- Curl section four. After this section, go in for any little adjustments.
- Spray all over with a light to medium holding hairspray, and RUN! Don’t forget to unplug the curling iron.
xx Kristin EssTags: blog, fast hair, hair, ideas, in a hurry, kristin ess, lauren conrad, quick hair, quick hair ideas, rush, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial