THE LASH LIFT
Of course you can lift your lashes with a pinch of a curler. But did you know you can do it by switching to a thicker mascara and pressing it upwards at the roots at the critical moment when the formula is drying? It just happens to be one of my favorite things to do in this world as a giant makeup geek freak! And here’s how you can too:
- Your Favorite Mascara — right now I love this clump-free mascara ($$) but also really love this drug store mascara ($).
- A Thick & Greasy Mascara Formula — I used (and always use) this one ($$) but also love this formula/wand combination ($$).
- Apply a couple coats of mascara by sweeping and wiggling it through the lashes as you normally would.
- Now switch to the thicker formula and press it upward at the base of the lashes (the roots), starting at the outside corners where you really need it.
- Then continue moving the wand along the base of the lashes and repeatedly pressing upward.
If you really want to amp them up, you can pinch them with a lash curler before your first coats of mascara. I don’t bother but combining both techniques will curl and lift them. Or you can leave them with the regular application and not lift them. Makeup is all subjective to your taste and what resonates with you!