AT HOME FACIAL SERIES
I hope a bunch of you tried last week’s MUD MASK AMP UP and were thrilled with how smooth it made your skin! We got a lot of comments/emails asking how to get really hydrated skin and have just the answer you’ve been waiting for! I learned this trick from a facialist years ago and my skin has been grateful ever since. She taught me that if you layer a serum immediately and directly under a hydrating mask, it will penetrate more powerfully because it’s protected from evaporation from air contact as it’s locked in by the mask. And once it’s fully penetrated, the mask moisturizes as well. It’s a double dose for dry, thirsty skin. Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Serum — My all-time favorite splurge is Tammy Fender’s Quintessential Serum because it’s super highly-concentrated and preservative free. I also really love Dolce & Gabbana’s new Aurealux Serum because it really hydrates and makes your skin more radiant and firmer.
- Your Favorite Moisture Mask — I love Hydropeptide’s Mask because it’s chock full of peptides, enzymes and green tea to really plump up and hydrate. Also try First Aid Beauty’s Facial Radiance Overnight Mask and wake up to really happy and hydrated skin.
- Pump the serum about three times into the palm of your hand. Rub hands together to spread evenly across your fingertips.
- Massage the serum all over your face.
- Dip fingers into the moisture mask and rub fingertips from both hands together.
- Pat the mask all over your face, directly on top of the serum.
- Follow the mask instructions for how long to keep it on before you rinse. Some are 20 minutes, others all night!
Do it as often as needed (once or twice a week should work) and dry skin won’t have a chance this Winter!