UPDO + BANGS
Girls with bangs (aka: fringe) seem to have some trouble finding updos. Here’s one that I think is super cute and pretty easy to do. It takes about 5-10 minutes and keeps your hair out of your way all day. It’s a great way to deal with second day hair if you just don’t feel like doing it in the morning but have to look prim + proper for work. Here’s how this bun is done…
- Start with dry hair. It doesn’t have to be perfectly clean– in fact 2nd day hair does better than clean hair when it comes to this look. If your hair is on day 2, spray a little DRY SHAMPOO at the root before you start.
- Use this type of thick rubberband or something similar to gather all of your hair on the top of your head. Don’t worry about it being perfect, just make sure it won’t move.
- Take about 1/4 of the whole ponytail (as you see Kamille doing in photo 3) and drop it off to the side. Note: try taking this piece from the side, not all the way from the back– that way the best/thickest part of the braid will show up in the front.
- Leave the 1/4 section out and create a regular ballerina bun on top using the other 3/4 of the ponytail. If you don’t know how to do a ballerina bun, CLICK HERE for our video.
- Once you’ve secured the bun, take the 1/4 section you left out and braid it. Fishtail, regular braid, whatever kind you want. Tie that off with a small clear elastic.
- Secure the braid using small bobbypins. I like to put a bobby pin in every inch and a half to make sure it really stays put.
You can accessorize this with a rosette for added texture as you see in the top photo. The one we used was from Forever 21 a long time ago, but we found some good ones HERE, HERE + HERE. Good luck! Show us your buns on twitter!!!