Today’s topic is the one-shoulder dress. Whether it’s long or short, the point of a one-shoulder dress is to show a little skin! In my opinion (and it’s just an opinion), the hair should almost always take the back seat to the featured shoulder. If you pull your hair over the bare shoulder, you might as well be wearing a dress that covers both shoulders. Let that shoulder show and throw on some earrings for some sparkle!
Try wearing your hair…
- All down and back. Allows you to keep the length. Straight, curly or wavy, the focus is still on the one shoulder.
- Messy pony. It’s sexy. Never looks too forced. Looks gorgeous with any texture. Also good for girls with bangs!
- Low bun or chignon. Keep it simple and try not to let it crowd your neck too much. If it does, it can make your neck appear shorter and that’s never good. Always check your profile and the back of your hair using a hand mirror to make sure everything looks balanced.
- Top dress: Miss Selfridge $38 click here
- Bottom dress: Tibi $237.60 click here