After a solid few years of matte lipstick, let’s bring back the Lacquered Lip, shall we? It’s refreshing after all this time and vibrantly gorgeous! Glosses have come a long way since their reign in 2000. I used to wear goopy lip gloss and worry that a fly would buzz by and get stuck in it! But formulas have improved, don’t feel heavy anymore and are shinier than ever! Here’s how to sport this look: READ MORE…
Wrinkles are a part of life and there are ones we can’t prevent but others that we can. Smile lines around our eyes and mouth are from being happy and enjoying life. You can’t do anything about those unless you go around with a blank stare on your face at all times. (Ok, yes botox and fillers help but that’s another post for another time). And personally, I think smile lines around the eyes are pretty and I wear mine like a badge of honor! But there are also 8 hours a day, 56 hours a week, 2,912 hours a year that we spend sleeping. Those hours really add up! So don’t spend them making sleep lines too! When we put pressure against a pillow, we are pressing the skin forward, creating a crease or a “line” anywhere there is pressure forward. Luckily, there are anti-wrinkle pillows (or at least sleeping techniques and positions) that can help prevent sleep lines. And they’re surprisingly really comfortable!! For real! Once you start sleeping without smashing your face against your pillow, you’ll never want to go back.
OUR FAVORITES: READ MORE…
If you’re like us, then you know there are never enough ways to “put a heart on it” and obviously the month of February gets a little extra love. We’ve been playing with tons of different red and gold combos lately and we think we’ve found the perfect combo for a Valentine’s Day mani. Here we go…
- We painted all nails with the perfect non-toxic super rich red — “Paris, Paris” by Treat Collection, (also available to our European readers here! Hooray!) You’ll want to wait a couple of hours in between painting your nails red & adding the gold leaf hearts so that the gold leaf sticks does not stick to the red polish. You’ll want it to stick to the clear polish in step 5.
- Once your color is completely dry, grab your book of gold leaf sheets and select a single sheet.
- Break the piece into smaller pieces, about the size of your finger.
- Get out a toothpick and dip it in your clear top coat. Here we used the clear top coat which is also from Treat Collection.
- Okay, remember our heart tutorial here? Use this method with the toothpick to make a clear heart on top of your nail. You can actually make any shape using this method (like lips or an “xo”), but we think a heart is easiest to start with. Make sure you’re in a well lit place so you can see the clear while you’re making your heart shape.
- Pick up a piece of gold leaf and lay it over the clear heart and tap it lightly a few times.
- Now wait for 10 minutes while the polish and gold leaf FULLY adhere together.
- Use an paint brush to dust off the excess gold leaf.
- Once you clear all the gold, the heart is what’s left! Use your “Paris, Paris” to perfect the edges of the gold heart if you feel like you need it.
- Add a clear coat to the top of each nail.
These nails are so gorgeous. The gold starts to chip away after a few days but we kind of love it because distressed gold leafing is still very pretty.
This eye is inspired by all of the gorgeous creatures from the feline family! Ok hear me out. Tigers, leopards and cheetahs all have black rims around their eyes that really frame them. But it’s more than that. We can all rim our eyes with a black pencil (still one of my favorite looks!). And we can all draw a cat eye. But this combines the two and adds a little V in the inside corner. Why? Oh just to make it more stylized and like an exotic little cat! It’s 100% wearable, I promise. And quite sexy. I exaggerated the inside corner a little on our model above but you can shorten it and still get the same effect. Here’s how: READ MORE…