Last week we explored four different ways to wear Spring’s biggest Cobalt blue trend. For those of you that don’t feel up to wearing something so bright, we have a darker and slightly more wearable version for you today! But it still has major wow factor and brings all of the attention to your eyes. I can’t beg you enough to try it. When I describe it to my clients and friends, most are like eh. But when they let me try it on them, they die! I’m not sure why navy blue seems so scary or not of interest but it’s such an amazing color on the eyes! On brown eyes the most, but on blue, hazel and green too. You just gotta try it for me. Then tag us on Instagram so I can see it! Here’s how: READ MORE…
This method has been around for centuries! It’s a powerful Ayuveda technique that removes bacteria from your mouth, gums and teeth and whitens your teeth without using bleach. This is what happened to me this month: my sister told me I had to do it every morning because she read it helps with fertility (my hubby and I have been trying for three years, so I pretty much try anything now!). I did it every morning and after just a couple days noticed my teeth looked whiter but didn’t think much of it. Then two weeks later I went to the dentist for my biannual checkup and was ready to get a big lecture. My dentist was half way through the cleaning when he asked “you floss twice a day, right?” I said “I wish, I’ve been really bad about it lately and am lucky if I do it once a week.” He said my gums were so healthy, didn’t bleed at all and there was barely any tartar. He continued with his cleaning then said “you bleach your teeth, right?” To which I also told him no. He said my teeth were so white that when I walked in the room he thought I had gotten veneers! I finally told him I’ve been oil pulling. He had never heard of it but said my mouth, gums and teeth were extremely healthy and he was going to look into it. I was so excited that I actually got a good report card that I’ve been telling all of my friends and now my readers! I’ve since learned it can also clear up acne and your sinuses, prevent gingivitis and promotes heart health! Here’s your Oil Pulling 101: READ MORE…
A nod to the Uptown Girl, this look is very put together and polished. It’s also a gorgeous break from the matte lip, which makes it fun and exciting! The ingredients aren’t what you might expect… let’s go:
- Highlighting Pencil — Try Too Faced Instant Attitude Highlighting Pencil.
- Taupe Pencil — I used Le Metier de Beaute Pencil in Champagne. It’s easier to find a taupe shade in eye pencils than lip pencils but if you have a good one, please share in the comments below.
- Shimmer Balm — I used By Terry Or De Rose but apparently it’s discontinued so try TATCHA Gold Camelia Nourishing Lip Balm. You can also use a loose shimmer eye shadow.
- Plumping Gloss — I used Hydropeptide Gloss but it’s not available until mid-April so try DuWop Venom Gloss in Buttercup.
- First, even everything out by applying the leftover foundation on your sponge from your face all over your lip area.
- Highlight just above the perimeter of the upper lip.
- Blend the highlight with your finger by tapping and lightly smearing it into the skin.
- Line the entire perimeter with the taupe pencil.
- Apply the plumping gloss all over with the wand.
- Dip your finger into the shimmer balm and stamp it in the center of your bottom lip to add even more volume.
Note: This is a really light nude lip so to keep it as chic as possible, add a hint of blush to the cheek so you don’t get washed out.
If Coachella Coral is the It Lip Color for Spring, then this is the It Shade for the eye! It all started at the Marc Jacobs runway show and has been popping up everywhere since. Why? Because it’s bold yet wearable and makes a gorgeous statement. So today I’m serving it up four ways for whatever way calls to you and says “Wear me!”:
- CAT EYE: Blue Liquid Liner — I used Lime Crime Liquid Liner in Lazuli. This ultra-flirty option is really easy to do since all of our TBD readers have mastered the cat eye by now… (if you’re tardy to the party, revisit my Cat Eye 123 Tutorial or Get Catty Video). All this look entails is switching to a blue liquid liner!
- COLOR WASH: Blue Eye Shadow — I used Nautalus Prime from the Lime Crime Aquataenia Palette but NARS Single Shadow in Outremer is also incredible. This is how the models wore their eye makeup in the Marc Jacobs show and is really simple as well. All you have to do is apply the single blue color all over the upper lid and crease.
- COLORED LASHES: Blue Colored Mascara — I used Butter London Wink Mascara in Inky Six. If you can apply mascara, you can rock this look. It’s the most subtle of the four but still very pretty. If you’re not ready to wear blue mascara, layer it over black mascara for an even more subtle blue.
- DOUBLE RIM: Blue Waterproof Eyeliner — I used Stila Smudge Stick in Ultramarine. Line the upper lashline than either the lower lashline or the inner waterline.
Pair each look with a pale pink, peach or nude lip and cheek to let the eyes have the limelight. And let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below!