I’m not gonna lie… I was terrified to do a crimped hair tutorial. But after seeing these ponytails on the runway at Stella McCartney’s Spring/Summer 2015 show, I knew we had to do this when we got a little closer to the season. The best way I can describe this looks is “a very un-boring ponytail”. This pony has tons of texture and is pretty fun to create because you can add a few crimped pieces or opt for a lot. In my personal opinion, fewer is better because adding too many pieces adds too much texture and looks less modern. But if you’re into a good #tbt do as many pieces as you’d like! Okay, here we go…
- Start off with clean, dry hair. When the hair was wet, I added some THICKENING SPRAY all over before blowdrying. This gives the hair a good full foundation.
- Once the hair is all dry, I took small sections, sprayed them with a little HEAT PROTECTION SPRAY and started crimping them with THIS CRIMPER. I’m particularly obsessed with this crimper because it’s small and gives a much finer detail than the big chunky ones.
- This is the hair from the back (once we crimped 1 or 2 small strands from top to bottom, of course)! You’ll see there’s not a ton of crimping. A little will definitely do. You don’t want to have over crimped– remember, these are just accent pieces!
- This iron is cool because it’s small. You can reach in and crimp anywhere! It’s fun to space a couple crimps out in back for some added texture!
- Once you’re done crimping all over, pull your hair back into a nice clear elastic. Wrap a tiny piece of your hair around that clear elastic and pin it in place. That will disguise your rubber band or clear elastic.
- Clean up any small flyaways if you need to!
- Honestly, who’s feeling the CRIMP?! So many of you said on Instagram that you love it, but would you WEAR it? That’s the real question. Tell us in the comments! Would you wear a textured pony and to where??