Today’s current favorite post isn’t about one particular product, but rather a perfectly curated shop where I go to discover new faves. With so many bottles on the shelves, how do you know what to pick? You go to a pro, that’s how! My friend and fellow celebrity glam goddess, Fiona Stiles, started this online boutique where you can buy individual industry favorites and her go-to picks that she uses on her own clients for red carpet events and photoshoots. You can go there and find amazing things whether you’re completely clueless or an industry veteran. She is constantly researching and picking out new favorites! From skincare to makeup to hair, nails, tools and travel, she covers everything under the sun (and sun care too incase you were wondering)! If this is sounding a bit familiar you may remember when I instagrammed (and diedddddd for) her large gold-dipped hair pins. So shop happy and tell us in the comments what you are coveting!
When we get dressed up for parties, Homecoming, weddings and such, we can sparkle without looking made up or overdone. It’s all about balance and taste… and today’s party inspiration look will look absolutely gorgeous on you at your next event! Simply anchor a gold glitter-y lid with an black diamond lower lashline then balance them both with a soft matte lip. Here’s the breakdown:
- A gold glitter gel pot
- A shimmering black gel liner pot
- A thinly-pointed liner brush
- A shimmering black diamond pencil
- A volumizing mascara
- A matte lip lacquer (#500)
- After applying foundation (if needed) and a nude blush, look up and line the lower lashline with a black gel liner by dipping the liner brush into the gel pot, smoothing it out on the back of your hand then sweeping the brush across the skin behind the lower lashes as demonstrated on Lexie above.
- Rim the inner waterline with the pencil then blink so the product is deposited on the upper waterline as well. Repeat to intensify.
- Press your finger against the glitter pot then stamp it across your upper lid. Gently smear it back and forth to smooth out any lumps. I extended it outward past slightly and in the inner corner of the bottom lashline for extra drama but that’s your call.
- Add a couple coats of mascara.
- Finish by sweeping the lip lacquer along the lip area.
For the fashionistas out there, Lexie is modeling this new favorite dress of mine!
We love a good DIY, and we particularly love a DIY that includes flowers. Saw one of these floral ribbons at a retail store the other day. It was way too overpriced for my liking so of course we decided to create a version you can make yourself for about $2. It’s a simple thin ribbon with flowers and a bobby pin attached– not rocket science, but sometimes simple is just prettier. You know we love a flower crown but we’re head over heels for this as a new alternative. Here’s how we made it…
You’ll want to find tiny flowers so the weight doesn’t pull the ribbon. We opted for these 3 types but you can use anything small and lightweight. Two of these were free because they were from my garden and then we purchased one stem of rice flowers from a local flower shop.
- Collect scissors, 1/8″ thin ribbon, your flowers, a single small bobby pin and some thin beading wire.
- Gather a tiny cluster of buds and bind them together using a small piece of your wire. Be sure to tuck the ends of the wire in so they don’t get stuck in your hair.
- You’ll want to wrap a few clusters. 5-6 is plenty.
- Cut 1 yard of ribbon for short to medium hair and 1 1/2 yards for longer hair.
- Tie an extra small bobby pin (they make ones that are shorter than the normal size but if you don’t have that you can use the regular ones.
- Last, attach your flower clusters. We spaced each one out a little differently. Just make sure you put an even weight on each side so the ribbon doesn’t slide over to the heavier side.
Use the bobby pin to secure the ribbon just below your part. This will be such a great look for anyone who plans on hitting Coachella or any music festival for that matter! If you make one and wear it, don’t forget to tag us @thebeautydept on instagram! We would love to see yours.