We truly could not wait to break out our wide brim hats at the first sign of fall in sunny California! Wherever you live, this look is classicly chic and always in style. We did a story a while back on which hairstyles to pair with which hats right HERE. That was such a fun post to do! But it’s time for a Fall 2014 wide brim roundup, we thinks! We did all the work for you by searching high + low to find some great hats and most of them are very budget conscious. The one on our gorgeous “Dancing-Party-Meg” in the top photo can be found HERE. The rest of the hats below are linked at the bottom! Happy Shopping!!
Today’s current favorite post isn’t about one particular product, but rather a perfectly curated shop where I go to discover new faves. With so many bottles on the shelves, how do you know what to pick? You go to a pro, that’s how! My friend and fellow celebrity glam goddess, Fiona Stiles, started this online boutique where you can buy individual industry favorites and her go-to picks that she uses on her own clients for red carpet events and photoshoots. You can go there and find amazing things whether you’re completely clueless or an industry veteran. She is constantly researching and picking out new favorites! From skincare to makeup to hair, nails, tools and travel, she covers everything under the sun (and sun care too incase you were wondering)! If this is sounding a bit familiar you may remember when I instagrammed (and diedddddd for) her large gold-dipped hair pins. So shop happy and tell us in the comments what you are coveting!
When we get dressed up for parties, Homecoming, weddings and such, we can sparkle without looking made up or overdone. It’s all about balance and taste… and today’s party inspiration look will look absolutely gorgeous on you at your next event! Simply anchor a gold glitter-y lid with an black diamond lower lashline then balance them both with a soft matte lip. Here’s the breakdown:
- A gold glitter gel pot
- A shimmering black gel liner pot
- A thinly-pointed liner brush
- A shimmering black diamond pencil
- A volumizing mascara
- A matte lip lacquer (#500)
- After applying foundation (if needed) and a nude blush, look up and line the lower lashline with a black gel liner by dipping the liner brush into the gel pot, smoothing it out on the back of your hand then sweeping the brush across the skin behind the lower lashes as demonstrated on Lexie above.
- Rim the inner waterline with the pencil then blink so the product is deposited on the upper waterline as well. Repeat to intensify.
- Press your finger against the glitter pot then stamp it across your upper lid. Gently smear it back and forth to smooth out any lumps. I extended it outward past slightly and in the inner corner of the bottom lashline for extra drama but that’s your call.
- Add a couple coats of mascara.
- Finish by sweeping the lip lacquer along the lip area.
For the fashionistas out there, Lexie is modeling this new favorite dress of mine!