Today’s current favorite post isn’t about one particular product, but rather a perfectly curated shop where I go to discover new faves. With so many bottles on the shelves, how do you know what to pick? You go to a pro, that’s how! My friend and fellow celebrity glam goddess, Fiona Stiles, started this online boutique where you can buy individual industry favorites and her go-to picks that she uses on her own clients for red carpet events and photoshoots. You can go there and find amazing things whether you’re completely clueless or an industry veteran. She is constantly researching and picking out new favorites! From skincare to makeup to hair, nails, tools and travel, she covers everything under the sun (and sun care too incase you were wondering)! If this is sounding a bit familiar you may remember when I instagrammed (and diedddddd for) her large gold-dipped hair pins. So shop happy and tell us in the comments what you are coveting!
When we get dressed up for parties, Homecoming, weddings and such, we can sparkle without looking made up or overdone. It’s all about balance and taste… and today’s party inspiration look will look absolutely gorgeous on you at your next event! Simply anchor a gold glitter-y lid with an black diamond lower lashline then balance them both with a soft matte lip. Here’s the breakdown:
- A gold glitter gel pot
- A shimmering black gel liner pot
- A thinly-pointed liner brush
- A shimmering black diamond pencil
- A volumizing mascara
- A matte lip lacquer (#500)
- After applying foundation (if needed) and a nude blush, look up and line the lower lashline with a black gel liner by dipping the liner brush into the gel pot, smoothing it out on the back of your hand then sweeping the brush across the skin behind the lower lashes as demonstrated on Lexie above.
- Rim the inner waterline with the pencil then blink so the product is deposited on the upper waterline as well. Repeat to intensify.
- Press your finger against the glitter pot then stamp it across your upper lid. Gently smear it back and forth to smooth out any lumps. I extended it outward past slightly and in the inner corner of the bottom lashline for extra drama but that’s your call.
- Add a couple coats of mascara.
- Finish by sweeping the lip lacquer along the lip area.
For the fashionistas out there, Lexie is modeling this new favorite dress of mine!
We all know floating around Pinterest is the best/worst time warp ever. We’re totally guilty and we like it. Sometimes it’s just great to sit down and get inspired by the handywork of others. We can’t always find the original source of an image, but they sure do provide major inspiration on our office mood boards. We thought we’d share some of our current favorites…
Love doing these with gels because they typically last a couple weeks and you’re able to wear them for both Christmas AND New Years Eve parties.
We need a tutorial on this updo, stat!
Such a stellar headband by the one and only Jennifer Behr. Better pick up the new Cosmo mag!
This girls curls are everythingggggggg.
Kinda looks like these were made with a marker. Regardless, real cute!
We’ll have what she’s having– as in the most perfectly messy waves we’ve ever seen.
We might be swapping out our black liner for a little metallic around the holidays!
So into a floppy velvet bow. Makes a messy fall pony so much more interesting.
We always love a flower crown but something about this one is extra special… soo dainty + delicate. Perfect for a chignon like this.
Oh, the cute things you can do with bobby pins…
Fall is here. Bust out those hats, pretty ladies.
That clip tho…
Craving a meal that is both savory and sweet? Well, put down the Snickers bar and feast your eyes on this salmon stunner. Solo, the fish has plenty of health and beauty benefits (which we share with you below!), but when paired with fruits and some seasoning, it not only boasts a ton of flavor, but packs a ton of protein and vitamins. Whether you’re a potluck participant or cooking for one, this combo of salty and sweet is sure to have you glowing in more ways then one!
Trust, this is way more satisfying than that candy bar! Padma Lakshmi who?
1. Salmon - Low in mercury and rich with omega-3 fatty acids (this helps reduce cholesterol!), salmon is a great source of protein. Selenium, which can be obtained from animal proteins such as salmon, is oh-so necessary for strong hair and nails. Not only does the fishy dish help prevent damaged strands and brittle nails, the omega-3 is also known to have anti-inflammatory effects, a.k.a. an added barrier against sunburn.
2. Strawberries - Whether they’re fresh-from the market (a la our summer salad) or cooked up, strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants. In addition to those omega-3 fatty acids, the fruit is a diet must-have for those looking to minimize fine lines and wrinkles and lighten pigmentation and acne marks.
3. Rosemary - Super fragrant, the herb has an unforgettable scent and the ability to stimulate the immune system, increase circulation, and improve digestion — all fabulous features for those of you looking to get fit. As a well-established antioxidant, rosemary is an essential garnish for any health-conscious reader.
4. Tomatoes - Oily skin bumming you out? Well, a handful of tomatoes should do the trick — naturally acidic, the fruit (yes, tomatoes are technically a fruit!) helps balance the skin and eliminate excessive oil. The kitchen essential also contains lycopene, an ingredient that will have anti-aging effects.
5. Figs – Juicy, sweet, and downright delicious, figs are also very high in dietary fiber, which makes these fruits an ideal weight-loss aid. The fiber creates a feeling of fullness, which means you’ll likely pass on the dessert tray. Also an excellent source of potassium, the mineral will promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.