If I had to pick one thing that you can do to fight aging, it would be to use an exfoliating toner twice a day. It literally changed the texture of my skin! You want to encourage and speed up cell turnover and an exfoliating toner will wipe way the dead skin cells without using a harsh scrub. All you have to be is diligent and patient and your skin will change. Then you have to be committed to do it twice a day, every day. But that’s a small amount of effort for a youthful glow! Here’s how:
- Dr. Loretta Purifying Micro-Exfoliation Toner
- Lancome Tonique Radiance Clarifying Exfoliating Toner
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner
- Cotton Squares
- First wash your face as you normally would (either in the shower or in the sink, but please use a muslin cloth!).
- Pat the skin dry.
- Pour the toner on a cotton square and start wiping over the skin.
- Continue all over.
- Go back over the surface area a second time.
Disclaimer: As all of us have different skin types, please remember that skincare is not one size fits all. If you have extremely sensitive skin, do a patch test and a toner trial until you find one that works for you, if any at all. Talk to your dermatologist or doctor if you have any concerns. I have slightly sensitive, combination skin, with my chin being the moodiest area. So I started with a more sensitive formula toner, only once a day, with only one coat. Now I’ve moved up to a stronger formula and can easily do multiple coats twice a day.