CAT EYE PERFECTOR
So many of my clients and friends have given up on a cat eye because the wing can be so problematic. I totally get it! But there a ways to fix even the worst wing without starting over! And as an added bonus, it subtly highlights the wing, drawing attention to it! Here’s how to pull it off and not have to find a Q-tip and makeup remover:
- Your Favorite Wing Maker: This is my favorite liquid liner ($21), this is my favorite intensely-black longwear pencil ($$) and this is my favorite longwear gel pot ($$). I also love the thin user-friendly brush on this drug-store liquid liner ($).
- Your Favorite Concealer: By now you know celebrity makeup artists all use this one ($70) and can’t chance not having it in our kits because clients always ask for it. The good thing is, it lasts at least a year (sometimes longer)! I also love this more budget-friendly concealer ($3).
- A Flat-edged Lip Brush ($)
- Swipe the brush against the concealer as demonstrated above.
- Sweep it against the top of your hand a couple times to thin it out.
- Place it where you want to erase the fat or wobbly underside of the wing and press it down as you sweep it upward. This should take care of erasing it, but if not, go over it one more time. If it’s a really important event (like your wedding or prom), do it right with a pointed q-tip and makeup remover and sweep it along the underside of the wing. But for day to day, this should do the trick!