As a fellow lover of design and style, this makeup trend makes me so happy. You pick one shade and wear it on the eye, cheek and lip. Obviously don’t pick blue or something unrealistic! There’s something gorgeous that happens when everything is in harmony. If you have cool undertones, pick a pink or berry and if you have warm undertones, pick a peach or a burnt rust like I did here on Penelope. If you have neutral undertones, you can wear them all! Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Burnt Rust Eyeshadow — I used the middle left one from my favorite Burgundy Times Nine palette ($$). I also love this single rust shade ($$).
- Your Favorite Burnt Rust Blush — I’ve been loving this one ($$) for months now on my girls because it’s super modern and warms them right up. This one ($) is gorgeous too!
- Your Favorite Burnt Rust Lipstick — This just might be my favorite rust lipstick ($$) this Spring. It’s so unexpected and looks modern and chic on everyone. Also don’t be afraid to try this iconic Toast of New York lipstick ($).
- Brown Mascara — I always use this brown lengthening mascara ($$) when I don’t want my lashes to compete with the look. You can also try this budget-friendly one ($).
- Apply the shadow all over the lid and crease for a single wash of color (no separate cut crease).
- Sweep the same shadow along the lower lashline.
- Apply a couple coats of the brown mascara.
- Rim the inner waterline with the brown kohl pencil.
- Add the blush to the top half of the apples or along the cheekbone.
- Finish by filling in the entire lip area with the lipstick.
For the fashionistas out there, this is the Victorian Ruffle Top that Penelope is wearing!