FOUNDATION & POWDER RENEWAL
I can’t tell you how many times I leave for a job in the morning feeling quite lovely then look in the mirror around 3pm and gasp! I mean. What happened to my foundation and powder application? Life, I guess! But I’ve learned that the same product that I set my makeup with is what I can use to revive it. Except for instead of spraying it (which sets it), I do this technique. It’s something I discovered on set with clients because as much as they may love me, they don’t really appreciate me walking up to them and spraying their faces! So I needed to find a way to revive their powdered foundation another way. Here’s how you can too:
- Your Favorite Face Spray — By now you know I’m beyond obsessed with Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir (I buy the full size one ($$$) but you can try it out in this size ($)) because it takes years off of my clients’ faces by creating the perfect amount of dewiness and glow without looking shiny or oily. I also really really love this dewy mist ($$) that instantly brings foundation and powder back to life, no matter how caked they have gotten.
- A Beautyblender Sponge — I especially love this one that comes with this fancy ring stand ($$) because it should always be on the counter so it can breathe and not in a makeup drawer with no circulation (I learned the hard way once when I cleaned it and put it back in my kit, only to find it mildewed!).
- Spritz a few times into the palm of your cupped hand.
- Dab the back of your egg sponge into the solution until all of it has been absorbed.
- Now gently tap the back of the sponge over any areas that have gotten cakey.
- Continue over areas that need life again.
- You can do this any time your face needs it!