NEW EYE INSPO
It’s easy to get stuck in a makeup rut. I talk to women in their 50’s who still do their makeup the same way they did in high school! So I’m encouraging you to always try new things… you never know if one will stick unless you try it! Today I’ve enlisted my girl Angelique Cabral, whom you might recognize as Colleen from the CBS show Life In Pieces, to give it a try. Here’s how you can too:
- A Powder Smoky Stick — I used this magic one ($$) in Burnt Black and Cool Ash on Angelique above. You could also use this budget-friendly one ($).
- A Smudge Brush — My favorite tool ever to blend eyeliner! Try this one ($$) or this one ($) that I found for $1.49!
- A Lightly-Frosted White Eyeshadow
- Your Favorite Mascara — right now I’m gaga over this curling one ($$).
- Apply the frosted white shadow all over the lid and crease for a wash of color.
- Line the bottom lashline with the black shadow pencil from the inner corner out past the outer corner as demonstrated above.
- Go back and really blend the liner with the smudge brush to smoke it out.
- Now go over the line with the lighter shade (this step is optional).
- If you want to (also optional), you can go back and trace the outer corner of the upper lashline with the lighter stick to draw more attention to the outer corners, helping create the illusion that your eyes are further apart.
- Finish with mascara (step not shown as she was already wearing it!).