DRY PATCH PRE-FOUNDATION FIX
Every Winter I get stuck with an irritated, dry chin. No matter how hard I try to prevent it! My guess is that it’s from scarves and coat collars rubbing against it combined with the cold, brisk air and heaters in my car and bedroom making the air super dry. Anyway, it’s the end of January and here I am again with it. And of course foundation doesn’t sit on top of it as well as it does the other areas of my skin. Luckily, I know exactly what to do about it! After I moisturize my face as usual (right now I can’t live without this one ($$)!), I pinch a couple drops of face oil into the palm of my hand, dab a dampened sponge into it and tap it along the flaky area(s) before applying foundation.
- A Face Oil — I am obsessed with this one above ($$$) but also love this one ($$) and this one ($) is great too. You can also use Egyptian Magic or a USDA Organic Coconut Oil with your (clean) fingers and skip the sponge application if you already have either on hand.
- A Beautyblender Sponge (on sale!). Let me share my experience. Every brand has come out with a version of an egg sponge and I’ve never had success with them because they are all too stiff. But if you want a dupe, this one is the best one that I’ve found ($4).
- Your Favorite Foundation — Angelique is wearing By Terry Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation ($$$) because I’ve switched most of my girls to it but it’s an investment so I also really love this one ($$) and this one ($).
- Your Favorite Foundation Brush
- After moisturizing as you normally would, squeeze a couple drops of the face oil into the palm of your hand.
- Dampen the sponge with water and squeeze out excess. Now tap the sponge into the oil in the palm of your hand.
- Dab the sponge against the flaky and dry skin areas.
- Continue on any dry areas that need a little extra love.
- Now apply foundation all over your face and neck as usual.