STAY-PUT LIP STAIN
I’ve received so many questions about how I created How to Get Away With Murder’s Karla Souza‘s bright red lip stain on Saturday night that I had to recreate it again for you! When I send my girls out on a red carpet followed by a party, I try to send them with the lipstick in their clutch, but I feel more at ease when I know I did this triple threat method. Because it will. not. move! Period. So this is exactly what I did for Karla, then I went out to dinner with my friends and never worried about it for a second (which took years and a lot of practice for me to get that confident!).
- A Bold Lip Liner — I used this most favorite lip liner in Redd on Karla above and Kori below.
- A Bold Longwear Lipstick — I used this moisturizing longwear lipstick in Good & Red Dy on both.
- A Liquid Lip Stain — **TIP**Because lip stains can tend to be drying, I like to use it after a moisturizing longwear lipstick. I used this liquid lip stain in Suedeberry on both Karla and Kori.
- Line the upper lip perimeter with the lip pencil.
- Line the bottom lip perimeter.
- Fill in the entire lip area.
- Go over the lip area with the longwear lipstick. This one is ultra-moisturizing for a longwear formula and won’t move.
LIQUID LIP STAIN:
- Lastly, go over the lip liner and longwear lipstick with the liquid lip stain. Wait a minute before you drink or kiss anyone!
Yes you can do just one of the three products, or two of them, but if you do all three, you will drive home that night and when you go to wash your face, your lips should look as great as they did when you left for the party!