Remember last year’s DIY Contour Brush Tutorial where I showed you how you can just pinch a powder brush while you contour? Now we’re taking it a step further so you don’t have to hold the pinch the whole time! No need to buy yet another brush if you don’t want to. Most of us have an extra powder brush laying around that either came in a set or you don’t even remember how you accumulated more than one… designate that one as your new contour brush instead! Here’s how:
- A Powder Brush — I die over this one $$$ or this $.
- Two Bobby Pins
- Your Favorite Contouring Powder — this one $$$ is a staple in my kit but this one $ works beautifully too.
- Grab a powder brush.
- Pinch it in between the fingers of your non-writing hand as shown.
- Slide a bobby pin across one side to secure the pinch.
- Flip to the other side and secure the pinch. If you can, cross the pins so they lock in place. If you can’t, it’s okay too.
- Sweep your new contour brush against the bronzing powder.
- Suck in your cheeks and contour under your cheekbones.
- Sweep it along your jawline.
- Sweep it along your hairline as well.
- Finish along the sides of your nose.