MULTI MASKING 101
Most of us have combination skin. Our T-zone needs deep pore cleaning, our undereyes need instant oxygen and our cheeks need brightening or energizing! Or you chin could be chronically dry but your forehead is oily and tends to break out. There are endless combinations! Which is why multi-masking is so genius! Access your current skin situation (mine changes each season) and apply masks accordingly. Here’s how I broke it up for Rachel above:
Rachel’s T-Zone is naturally more oily than the rest of her face so the pores in that area get congested and clogged more easily.
- I used this favorite Rare Earth deep pore cleaning mask ($$) because I’m addicted to the way it really cleans out the pores and tightens them.
- I also love this purifying mineral mud mask ($) because it deeply penetrates and rids of excess oil and toxins.
Like most of us, her cheek area has some dark spots and dry spots. So I switched to a multi-tasking mask that really energizes the area.
- I used this favorite 6-in-1 wonder mask ($$$) because it tackles dark spots, dryness, dullness, visible pores, rough texture, fine lines and wrinkles.
- I also love this 100% natural resurfacing mask ($$$) and these GinZing refreshing mask pods ($) are the bomb.
The chin is a very fickle area that needs its own separate assessment too! One day it becomes dry and scaly and lasts that way for a month, then it breaks out with dermatitis and little small bumps like a rash! So I took a moment to look and feel Rachel’s and determined it was a little on the oilier side, so I applied the same purifying mask that I used on her T-zone.
The under-eye area is the thinnest and most fragile skin on your face so you have to treat it delicately. It’s also the tattle tale that shows the most signs of being tired (dark circles and bags). So I personally like using adding O2 to the area for an instant pick me up. Then I typically cover any uncovered areas with it as well.
- I used this favorite instant oxygenating facial ($$$) that I also love to use on my clients before a red carpet.
- I’m also obsessed with this triple oxygen facial in a box ($)!
You don’t have to do three different masks like I did… you can just do 2 or you can do 4! Just feel around with your fingers and determine which areas are dry, which are dull, which are oily and apply accordingly. I think you’ll be much happier with the results than just using one mask.