HOW TO FLARE YOUR LASHES
We spend a lot of money and effort finding the right mascara formulas (lengthening versus volumizing, etc) but rarely think about different ways to apply them. Revisit How to Get Thicker Lashes for one of the best secrets I’ve ever shared! Today we’re getting a little more stylized by flaring the lashes out like a star. Why? Because it makes the eye look wider by elongating it (study the before and after shots above). Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Mascara — As you know, right now I’m over the moon obsessed with this one ($$) that I used on Magali above. My favorite mass market mascaras right now are this volumizing one ($) and this lengthening one ($) on sale!
- Apply mascara as you normally would by sweeping the brush from the roots to the tips.
- Now instead of leaving it like that, go back and start flaring! Visually divide your upper lashes into three sections: the outer lashes, the center and the inner lashes. Start by placing the wand brush at the roots of the outer lashes and pull it outward as you sweep it to the tips.
- Switch to the inner lashes and “pull” those lashes inward towards your nose. The center section was already covered in step 1 but feel free to go back and paint those lashes straight upwards again.
- Finish by coating the lower lashes. For this tutorial, I kept their natural direction, but you can certainly fan those lashes in each direction as well! Revisit how here.