ROSE PONY BRAID
CLEARLY we’re overly obsessed with rose, rosé and champaign hair colors right now, so why not another simple summer braid tutorial on hair that’s just been colored? This particular pony/braid combo is one of the easiest things to do if you know how to do a simple french braid. You can do this on hair that’s medium to long in length, and you can add some extensions if your hair is too fine or tends to lack texture. We didn’t add clip-ins here but if you need some, do it! Alright, here’s how get the look…
Start with dry hair. It can be clean or not. If it’s a lil dirty, just add a burst of DRY SHAMPOO to the root.
- Start by taking a triangular section on the side. The size of the section will depend on the amount of hair. If you have super thick hair, take a slightly smaller section. If you have thinner hair, you’ll want to take a little more hair. I usually take a section from the hairline to right behind the ear.
- Next, create an inside-out or dutch braid with that section and tie it off loosely with a clear elastic.
- Add a little TEXTURE POWDER to the entire braid, all the way from the top to the tail.
- Gently “pancake” your braid, meaning pull it apart to fatten it up/widen it.
- Once you have your braid thickened up and textured, add veil of fine mist hairspray all over everything that’s not in the braid. Here we used THIS ONE because it’s great for thickening up fine hair, but if you have thick hair or any damage from color, you know I love THIS ONE.
- Now grab everything, the braid and the rest of the hair and gather into a high pony. Secure using a thicker stronger elastic or PONYTAIL HOLDER.
- Take a small strand of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the ponytail holder to cover it up, then pin underneath using a bobbypin. If you want to you can take the clear elastic out now. The texture powder should hold it in place but you can also do a teeeeeny back combing at the bottom to get it to stay.
- Check the balance of it all in a hand mirror. Make it as full or as textured as you want. Add some wave with a wand if desired!
Are you guys feeling the rose hair trend? It’s such a subtle hint of color and we’re obsessed! xx