THE “I’M NOT WEARING FOUNDATION” TRICK
Just hear me out! There’s a way to wear foundation but make it look like you’re not. Of course you have to first pick a foundation that becomes one with your skin as opposed to creating a mask, then take a second and go back and do this! Even if you don’t have them! Here’s why: if you have freckles and you wear foundation, they get covered up. If you weren’t wearing foundation, they’d show. So perfect your skin with foundation, then go back and dot on a dozen freckles and it will create the illusion that you’re not wearing any foundation! Because if you were, they’d be covered up. Make sense? And for an added bonus, freckles have something very youthful about them, so you’ll look younger too. Here’s how!
- A Blendable Foundation — This one ($$) and this one ($) are water-based and formulated to melt into your skin and become one with it instead of sitting on top.
- Your Favorite Foundation Brush
- Your Favorite Cream Blush
- Your Favorite Angled Blush Brush
- A Brown Kohl Pencil — Pick a longwear formula so it lasts but one that you can also sharpen into a fine point as opposed to a self-sharpening one that you can’t. (Try this one in Espresso).
- First apply foundation all over your face and neck as you usually would.
- Next stipple on the cream blush on the top half of the apple and along the cheekbone.
- Go back and dot on four to five freckles on one cheek. Add a few on the nose as well.
- Do the same on the other cheek.
- Now give the freckles a light tap to press it into the skin.
You can go back and spot powder lightly with an eyeshadow brush any areas that tend to get shiny. Just make sure to use translucent powder so it doesn’t cover up the freckles and undo the illusion. By the way, my lighting was so gorgeous for this shoot that it some of the freckles got blown out. But trust me, in person you can really see them and it’s worth trying out!