MAKE IT BRIGHTER!
A lot of us use eye shadow primers to make the shadow last longer or keep it from creasing. But did you know there’s another kind of primer out there that makes the shadow show up more? Do you remember my tutorial on white liner to make the shadow pop? This is the same premise but a much thinner and more realistic solution. Here’s how to rock it to make your shadows brighter than they would be on bare skin or lids with foundation or powder:
- An Eye Shadow Brightener: This one is my favorite that I use in my kit. I also like this one if you’re going for a little less intensity than the white one.
- Your Favorite Eye Shadow: I used this gorgeous silver shade on Neelo but you can also try this more budget-friendly one.
- Your Favorite Shadow Highlighter
- A Shadow Blending Brush
- A Smudge Brush
- Your Favorite Mascara
- Squeeze a 1/2 of a pea-sized amount onto your ring finger. Gently spread it evenly across your entire lid and crease. With the leftover on your finger, you can also give it a quick sweep across the bottom lashline if you’re planning on applying the shadow there like Neelo is demonstrating above. Wait 10 seconds.
- NOW apply the eye shadow over the same areas with your favorite shadow brush.
- Sweep it across the bottom lashline too.
- Finish with a quick highlight to brighten the inner corners and a coat of mascara.