TRANSITION INTO FALL
It’s fun to transition from a light Summer eye to a moody Fall eye! Chunky knits and faux leather jackets demand something strong and a little bold… so don’t be afraid to change it up! For this tutorial, I called upon the very special makeup artist JKissa to donate her skills (and her face!) to break down this look for you. It’s easier than you think; take it away, J!
- Apply a gunmetal shadow to your lid, this will make the products we put on later pop that much more.
- With a fluffy brush, apply a tangerine color to your crease. Don’t be afraid to blend this high up! This is going to make the rest of the colors blend effortlessly.
- Using that same fluffy brush, apply a charcoal brown shadow into the crease.
- Take a flat stiff brush and apply a silver pigment all over your lid.
- Take a smaller blending brush and a matte black shadow and apply this on your outer lid and into the crease just a touch.
- Taking whatever is left over on that blending brush, run this on your lower lash line, tapering in as we go.
- Apply a glitter-y gold shadow (wet it first) to the inner third of your lower lash line. This color is going to play off of the silver really well because it is not too warm of a gold.
- Apply a shimmering light gold shadow on the inner corner, but you can totally use a matte color. This is going to attention to your eyes.
- Apply a mechanical black gel pencil on your lower lash line.
- Apply black mascara and you are good to go! If you want to, you can totally add false lashes here. I personally recommend a thinner band just because it will hide better, since we do not have any liner.
Pair it with a pale nude lipstick to keep the attention on your eyes. As you transition into fall, snap a pic and tag us @thebeautydept on Instagram so we can admire it!