BACK with another fun summer braid! This a great one for almost any length hair because it’s a half-up hairstyle. Even if you’re sporting a bob you can make a shortened version of this. It’s easy but because it’s all behind the head, you may want to enlist a braiding bestie to help if you don’t have the arm strength or reach. Here we go!
- Pull two pieces from each side of your head. You’ll want to treat this like a half-up hairstyle so you’ll be pulling your sections from the front hairline/above your ears.
- Join them together in the back using a clear elastic.
- Now create a regular fishtail braid from the pony you just made. If you don’t know how to do that, you can see our classic fishtail video tutorial HERE!
- Tie it off at the bottom using another clear elastic.
- No carefully cut the elastic out at the top. Get someone to help if you need to so you don’t cut your hair.
- Sprinkle a little texturizing hair powder on your braid! If you missed our post on hair powders, you can find it HERE!
- Tap the powder into the braid and gently tug at your braid to give it some texture and volume!
- Now you’re simply going to take the braid and twist it over.
- Slide a large bobbypin into the base where you twisted the braid. This will keep it flipped and create a twisted look. I didn’t photograph this part, but you should wrap the bottom elastic with a tiny piece of hair and secure it with a bobby pin, or use one that matches your exact color.
Here’s a shot of that same braid on blonde hair! We would LOOOOOOVE to see you try it. Take today’s #twishtail challenge and give this a shot. Take a pretty photo of it and we’ll repost our favorites and tag you on our instagram page! We are @thebeautydept for anyone who doesn’t know. Happy Saturday, and good luck! Can’t wait to see your photos…best braids, braiding, braids, DIY, easy braid, easy braids, how to, kristin ess, kristin ess braid, kristin ess braids, kristin ess hair, step by step, summer braid, summer braids, summer hair ideas, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorial, twishtail, twishtail challenge, twisted fishtail