This is hands down one of the easiest hair tutorials we’ve ever done, but also one of the chicest! This is an ideal pony for a girl on the go and/or the lazy girl. It’s perfection for anyone who wants to keep it low maintenance but also look like they put a little time and effort in, especially for those early morning call times or meetings. We paired this with a leather jacket and we’re FEEEEELING it. Let’s just jump right in to how it’s done…
- Any texture is great for this pony. If you have straight hair or slight wave, brush it out. If you have curly hair or want to maintain your natural wave for this ponytail, then skip the brushing.
- Put the hair behind your ears in a low ponytail and secure using a clear elastic. You’ll leave both sections from the front/sides out. If you have really thick hair and you want to do this, you might consider taking more hair into the ponytail and leaving less out front. If your sections in front are too thick, it could be hard to conceal them later.
- Take both side sections, give them a light mist of strong hold hairspray, then pull them back over the top of the ponytail. Twist them into a half knot.
- Now take those two pieces and wrap them around the ponytail and under.
- Use small/strong bobby pins to secure the remaining pieces under the ponytail. We kind of “stuffed” the longer bits up underneath the base of the ponytail before bobby pinning.
- FInish off by smoothing out any flyaway hairs with a light veil of hairspray!
That’s literally it. Are you guys into these simple styles? When you try it on yourself, take a picture and post it on instagram and tag it with #TBDgirlonthego so we can see it and possibly repost!Tags: bob hair, girl on the go, hair styling ideas 2014, how to, kristin ess, kristin ess hair, lob hair, lob styling ideas, pinterest hair, pinterest hair ideas, short and chic, short hair, short hair idea, short hair ponytail, short hair styling, short ponytail ideas, step by step, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tutorials