You will need:
- stripe brush
- black no-light gel polish
- gold no-light gel polish
- clear no-light gel polish top coat
- gold triangle decals like this, this or this!
- I didn’t do a base coat, I just very very very lightly buffed the surface of my nail.
- Use a stripe brush and dip it into the black gel polish.
- Create a “v shape” using the diagram below.
- Fill in the sides with the black gel polish.
- Add your gold triangle charm using either super glue or clear gel polish. If you use clear polish it will obviously be safer but also take a bit more time to dry so be patient! You can also use a gold polish to create a tiny triangle if you don’t have a charm on hand.
- I didn’t love the metal finish of the charm because it was a little too yellow for me, so I went over it with a little swipe of the gold polish.
- Clean up any polish mess ups with a brush and remover as seen here.
- Last, add your clear top coat.
Here’s a quick illustration of the pattern! I suggest making the black outer painted triangle more narrow and long vs. wide. It just looks a bit cooler, in my opinion. A wider triangle just makes it look more like a graphic french manicure.
Tags: beauty dept, black nail art, black nail polish, black nails, graphic nail art, how to, kristin ess, kristin ess nails, mani monday, manicure, nail art, nail art 2014, the beauty department, the beauty dept nails, thebeautydepartment.com, triangle, triangle nail art, tutorial