SUGAR SHADES OF SUMMER
At the beginning of this Summer we had loads of fun with matte pastels (revisit the tutorial here)! But now that the dog days of Summer are here, with humidity and heat scoring off the charts, matte shadows and glistening skin work against each other and don’t do you any favors. Luckily the solution is simple! Switch over to sugar shades! These are shimmery frosted shades of pink, white, taupe and silver and will get you through the final Summer months. There are all kinds of variations on how to apply them; you can do a single wash of color, or try this Pink Cut Crease paired with a Cat Eye! It’s also nice because you can’t really see the cut crease when the eyes are open but when you blink or look down, it’s a gorgeous sweet surprise! Here’s how:
- White Sugar Shadow: I used Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color in Ice.
- Pink Sugar Shadow: I used Forever 21 Frosted Eye Shadow in Princess.
- Crease Brush: Wait until you get your hands on this brush!! The Chanel Contour Brush is perfect for tracing along the crease.
- Blending Brush: Most brands have blending brushes and I’m sure you already have a great one!
- Black Liquid Liner: If you haven’t tried Alexa Chung’s Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Liner yet, you’re in for a lovely surprise! The felt tip fakes a steady hand from anyone.
- Black Mascara: Try Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel Formula Mascara for big gorgeous lashes.
- Apply the shimmery white shadow all over the lid.
- Trace the frosted pink shadow along the crease.
- Softly smoke out the line slightly by sweeping the blending brush back and forth over it.
- Draw a cat eye along the lashline, winging it out and up at the outer corner.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.
- MAC Look In A Box Kit
- Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette
- Bobbi Brown Sparkle Shadow
- Laura Gellar Sugared Baked Pearl Shadow
What are yours?