We’ve heard from some of you that you found out your eyes were sensitive when you first tried mascara and it stung, burned or made your eyes get red or watery. Such a huge bummer! I know you’ve tried everything and feel like it’s hopeless, but it’s not! We have a few more tactics to try that just might end your sorrow! Here’s how:
Now that you know you have sensitive eyes, switch to a formula that’s more eye friendly.
OUR FAVORITE MASCARAS FOR SENSITIVE EYES:
- Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara is an incredible natural alternative for those of us who are obsessed with big volume.
- Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested while making your lashes look instantly longer.
- Ecco Bella Black Mascara has pigments that wrap around each lash and is fragrance free.
- Blinc Amplified Mascara is amazing because it creates huge lashes and is clinically tested for sensitive eyes.
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara is ECOCERT, has OrganiSoy and Eco-Olive and 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin.
- Don’t apply mascara at the base of your lashline (at the roots)! You can try with a natural mascara and see if your eyes can withstand it, but with regular mascara, don’t use the wand vertically and try to keep the formula away from the roots (where it’s too close to your eyes).
- If your eyes are really sensitive, you should skip rimming the inner waterline with a pencil. Just keep it clean and bare.
- Don’t apply mascara on the bottom lashes and just leave them bare. You can define the bottom lashline with shadow instead and still get the same effect.
- Apply mascara to the upper lashes by starting a millimeter or so from the roots by holding the wand horizontally then pulling it through to the tips.
Do you have any makeup tips for sensitive eyes that have truly saved you? Please share them in the comments as well!Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, burning, color, easy, eye, eyeliner, eyes, how to, irritated, liner, make up, makeup, mascara, pretty, red eye, red eyes, sensitive, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, tutorial