We’ve gotten a few emails complaining that you some of you don’t love your foreheads and think they’re too big. First let it be said that big foreheads are gorgeous! But if you want to make yours appear shorter (without cutting bangs), there’s an easy solution with cream bronzer/foundation and a brush. Here’s how to contour your forehead:
- Your Favorite Cream Bronzer or Cream Foundation — The easiest way to find a shade for every skin tone is to pick a cream foundation one shade darker than your actual shade. If you prefer a bronzer, our two favorites are Soleil Tan de Chanel and Hourglass Illume Creme-to-Powder Duo.
- A Buffing Brush — We love MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Artisan 152 Brush for contouring because it’s the perfect stiffness and shape.
- An Egg-Shaped Sponge — We always use the Beauty Blender because it’s the original and the best.
- Swirl the brush into the cream bronzer/foundation then against the back of your hand to smooth it out. Start at a temple and work your way upwards along your hairline.
- Continue sweeping the brush along the hairline.
- Once you’re at the center of the hairline, start working your way towards the opposite temple.
- Keep swirling!
- Once you reach the opposite temple, your forehead is contoured. I wouldn’t suggest only contouring your forehead though. I would continue and sweep it along the hollows of your cheeks and under your jawline for balance. Revisit this Contouring Tutorial if needed.
- Now blend with the sponge by gently dabbing it along the hairline in a stippling motion.