DIY NATURAL BRUSH CLEANER
First, check out our makeup brush cleaning tutorial for the traditional ways to clean your brushes and continue using that method if you’re loving it! But for those of you who are curious about trying a natural alternative (or don’t feel like going shopping), hop over to your kitchen cabinet and try this!
- Your Favorite (Dirty) Brushes — featured above: a flat-headed foundation brush, a light-coverage foundation brush and an angled liner brush.
- A Cup of Hot Water
- Two Teaspoons Distilled White Vinegar — there are many different versions out there of how much vinegar to use, but this is what I’ve found works the best. Don’t worry, the smell disappears in 20 minutes or so!
- Boil a cup of water, wait a few minutes then pour two teaspoons of the vinegar directly in it. Stir.
- Dip the brush in the solution.
- Swirl the brush around gently against the bottom of the glass.
- Rinse under running hot water.
- Follow with a cold water rinse.
- Re-shape the bristles if necessary.
- Dry flat so the water doesn’t seep inside and break down the glue that holds the bristles together.