EASY SMOKY EYE
Smoky eyes are up there with cat eyes on the intimidation list. But if you can draw lines in a checkerboard, you can create a smoky eye! Don’t worry about it being an exact duplicate of what I did above, just make sure you have the right liner formula and prep your lid with foundation first, otherwise, it won’t work. Here’s how:
- Smudge-able Liner — Look for an eyeliner that you can easily smudge with your finger but is also longwearing so it stays put and lasts. I used Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner in Spice and also love Benefit BADgirl Waterproof Liner as well as Covergirl Liquiline Blast.
- Your Favorite Mascara — I used Physician’s Formula Organic 100% Natural Mascara in Ultra Black and was pretty impressed with the volume and intensity for a natural mascara!
- First apply foundation all over your lid. This look isn’t messy because you don’t have to worry about fallen eyeshadow, so you can go ahead and apply your foundation all over your face first, making it easy to include your eyelids. Then draw a line from the outside corner of your upper lashline towards the end of the crease as demonstrated above.
- Repeat and draw a parallel line a couple millimeters over, again from the upper lashline towards the crease at around a 45-degree angle.
- Feel where your natural crease is and draw a line along the crease about 3/4’s of the distance from the outside line inward.
- Move the liner tip to the top of the original line you drew in step 1 and draw a parallel arc a couple of millimeters above the crease line. If it’s easier for you, swap steps 4 and 3 and do this one first.
- Now for the easy part! Place your finger over the area and start smudging! Move your finger gently back and forth to smear the lines away, smoking it out.
- Line the bottom lashline.
- Blend this line away as well so there are no harsh lines.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.