This is the biggest secret to gorgeous brows that I can share with you. A client actually taught it to me back in 2003 and it blew my mind! It seems like it wouldn’t make much of a difference but I promise you, it’s a game changer. Brows are such an important facial feature because they frame your eyes. And people shouldn’t be able to see the work you did to fill them in and define them. It’s not detail work like the wing of a cat eye or your cupid’s bow. It’s about the big picture. So you need to take a step back to get perspective and fill them in from there. Here’s how:
- Dolce & Gabbana Shaping Eyebrow Pencil — it’s a splurge but if you’re a makeup junkie, you’ll love this pencil!
- MAC Eye Brows — there are three staples in my kit and they are MAC Eye Brows in Fling, Lingering and Brunette. Have been for years and will never be replaced. Period. Perfect amount of ash when you need ash and warmth when you need warmth.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse — it blends beautifully so there are no harsh lines and comes with a dual-ended brush with a spooly one end and an angled brush on the other.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade — super creamy and smudge-free so once it sets, it won’t budge.
- With the spooly end of the brush, brush your brow up and over, following its natural shape.
- Switch to the stiff-angled bristle side of the brush and dip it into the brow shadow. Stay where you are (at least a foot away from the mirror) and start filling them in. I like to start in the middle at the arch but you can start at the beginning of your brow if that’s your habit. If you need a refresher on how to use the brow brush most effectively, click here. Continue shading and filling in until they look pretty to you from that distance.
- Now lean in and do any detailed work with the pencil (if needed). Enhance the arch or work on the outline from about 6-8 inches from the mirror.