Why use a diffuser:
- decreases frizz
- maximizes shine
- defines curls/waves
- highlights natural texture
- adds volume
- less damaging
How to use:
2. Attach a diffuser to your favorite hair dryer (ours is the Elchim).
3. Switch the temperature to low or cool, unless your using a diffuser for high heat.
4. In a circular motion, starting at the scalp, begin to use the diffuser. If the diffuser has fingers let them directly connect with your hair. If your diffuser doesn’t have fingers, gently cradle your hair in your hand.
5. Continue diffusing the hair towards your ends but bringing the hair in an upward motion toward your scalp as much as possible. If possible try to scoop with the diffuser and not your hands. Let the diffuser concentrate on each section for a few seconds to define the curls, but be mindful of the temperature.
Picking the right diffuser:
1. Elchim USA Bidiffusore Diffuser: With 2 interchangable grills (known as a bi-diffuser) the Elchim diffuser is used with your hair dryer when it is on maximum heat, because you want super fast blow drying. It also comes with a rubber ring that allows it to fit on most dryers.
2. T3 Soft Touch 2 Diffuser: The first Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic diffuser, it delivers a high concentration of negative ions and far infrared heat to dry hair fast with minimal frizz and optimal shine.
Mainly known for it’s volumizing effects but also is great for decreasing frizz, defining the curls and adding wave to practically strait hair. The unique shape helps to centralize the airflow and the rubber fingers work to separate/lift the hair at your roots. Fits almost every dryer.
4. DevaCurl DevaFuser Diffuser: For patient people only! This diffuser gently dries your hair while adding volume and defining the curls. The patented 360-degree airflow minimizes frizz. To use you dry each bulk section of your hair for a couple of minutes (holding that position solid) to set the curls while evaporating the moisture.
5. YS Park Ion Diffuser: Eliminates airflow and only allows heat to be released which eliminates frizz. The silver and titanium mesh on the front is nylon and creates negative ions. Helps alleviate static electricity and
greatly reduces blow drying time. Fits every dryer because it has a strap that is adjustable and secure so it doesn’t fall off. Great for traveling or to use in your gym bag.
6. Conair Pro Plimatic Mitt Diffuser: If you are just looking for a more gentle dry and frizz decreaser the Conair Pro Plimatic Mitt fits almost every dryer and is ideal for travel. Or if you just want to pop one into your gym bag if you shower there.
7. Belson MH2349 Mega Hot Long Fngr Diffuser: Ceramic disc base with Tourmaline, this 2-in-1 diffuser has a lift and switch tool for the styling fingers. Use them, or switch them back, to use the diffuser with a flat surface. Fits almost every dryer.
8. Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Universal Finger Diffuser: Using that famous nano-titanium technology (high, but even, infrared heat to allow for super fast drying) this diffuser brings out natural ions to seal cuticles to decrease frizz. Dome shaping is best for long hair. Fits almost every dryer.
Tags: Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium, Belson MH2349 Mega hot Long Fngr, best diffuser, Conair Pro Plimatic Mitt Diffuser, Conair Pro Volumizing Diffuser, curls, curly hair, decrease frizz, devacurl, DevaFuser, Diffuser for all dryers, Diffuser Guide, diffusers, elchim 2001 blowdryer, Elchim bi-diffuser, Elchim USA Bidiffusore, kristin ess, kristin ess hair, Mitt Diffuser, t3 Soft Touch 2 Diffuser, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, Tshirt Dry Hair, Universal diffuser, wavy hair, YS Park Ion Diffuser