THE UPTOWN LIP
A nod to the Uptown Girl, this look is very put together and polished. It’s also a gorgeous break from the matte lip, which makes it fun and exciting! The ingredients aren’t what you might expect… let’s go:
- Highlighting Pencil — Try Too Faced Instant Attitude Highlighting Pencil.
- Taupe Pencil — I used Le Metier de Beaute Pencil in Champagne. It’s easier to find a taupe shade in eye pencils than lip pencils but if you have a good one, please share in the comments below.
- Shimmer Balm — I used By Terry Or De Rose but apparently it’s discontinued so try TATCHA Gold Camelia Nourishing Lip Balm. You can also use a loose shimmer eye shadow.
- Plumping Gloss — I used Hydropeptide Gloss but it’s not available until mid-April so try DuWop Venom Gloss in Buttercup.
- First, even everything out by applying the leftover foundation on your sponge from your face all over your lip area.
- Highlight just above the perimeter of the upper lip.
- Blend the highlight with your finger by tapping and lightly smearing it into the skin.
- Line the entire perimeter with the taupe pencil.
- Apply the plumping gloss all over with the wand.
- Dip your finger into the shimmer balm and stamp it in the center of your bottom lip to add even more volume.
Note: This is a really light nude lip so to keep it as chic as possible, add a hint of blush to the cheek so you don’t get washed out.