A nod to the Uptown Girl, this look is very put together and polished. It’s also a gorgeous break from the matte lip, which makes it fun and exciting! The ingredients aren’t what you might expect… let’s go:
- Highlighting Pencil — Try Too Faced Instant Attitude Highlighting Pencil.
- Taupe Pencil — I used Le Metier de Beaute Pencil in Champagne. It’s easier to find a taupe shade in eye pencils than lip pencils but if you have a good one, please share in the comments below.
- Shimmer Balm — I used By Terry Or De Rose but apparently it’s discontinued so try TATCHA Gold Camelia Nourishing Lip Balm. You can also use a loose shimmer eye shadow.
- Plumping Gloss — I used Hydropeptide Gloss but it’s not available until mid-April so try DuWop Venom Gloss in Buttercup.
- First, even everything out by applying the leftover foundation on your sponge from your face all over your lip area.
- Highlight just above the perimeter of the upper lip.
- Blend the highlight with your finger by tapping and lightly smearing it into the skin.
- Line the entire perimeter with the taupe pencil.
- Apply the plumping gloss all over with the wand.
- Dip your finger into the shimmer balm and stamp it in the center of your bottom lip to add even more volume.
Note: This is a really light nude lip so to keep it as chic as possible, add a hint of blush to the cheek so you don’t get washed out.
Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, DIY, do it yourself, easy, gloss, how to, liner, lip, lipstick, make up, makeup, plump, plumping, pretty, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial