LASH CURLING EXTREME
You learned my secret technique for getting the most from your lash curler in my Pinch Me Tutorial (remember how you invert the curler when you pinch it?). That on its own is such a gift for opening up the eye and curling the lashes. But today, let’s go a step further with the ultimate way to flare your lashes so beautifully, it’s like a push-up bra for your lashes! Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Lash Curler — For years I’ve been obsessed with the Shu Uemura Curler (still the industry leader) for its precision and accommodating width but I also love the MAC Full Lash Curler because the pinch is just a wee bit stronger.
- Your Blow Dryer — check out Kristin’s post tomorrow on finding your dream dryer! I used my personal T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer on our model Skye above.
- Hold the curler about six inches from the blow dryer and blast it on high for 10 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds for it to cool down.
- Tap it with your finger to see if it’s still too hot. You’d be surprised how hot it can get! And I don’t want you putting it anywhere near your eye until it cools off. Of course, you want to catch it before it cools all the way down obviously because that defeats the purpose. So give it a little tap every five seconds after the 30 seconds waiting period so you can catch it when it’s warm but not hot or cold.
- Pinch the lashes at the base, hold the pinch as you invert it and pinch even harder. Then release. (Photo tutorial here).
- Finish with a coat of mascara while the lashes are still warm.