Pick a pair and thank me later! Why are two mascaras better than one? Because each wand is designed to do different things and each formula created for completely different tasks as well. Some add volume, others separate, some lengthen, others create “tubes” around each lash… and when you combine the power of two, the effect is gorgeous. More is more, ladies! Here’s how to do it:
- VOLUME + LENGTHEN: Here I’ve combined my favorite volumizing mascara (Kevyn Aucoin Volume) with my favorite lengthening mascara (Blinc Mascara).
- Use the volumizing mascara by stroking and wiggling the wand through the upper and bottom lashes. Start at the base and pull the wand all the way through to the tips.
- Switch to the lengthening mascara (don’t wait more than a minute in between the two formulas so you can catch it before the first formula dries). Concentrate the wand at the root of the lashes by stamping it across the roots. Revisit my Root Stamp Tutorial to see how. Then pull the final stroke all the way to the tip to lengthen.
- THICKEN + SEPARATE: Try Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Mascara (Lauren Conrad actually introduced me to this thickening mascara) as your first coat then add a coat of Lancome Defincils Mascara on top by painting each lash with the tip of the wand.
- CURL + HOLD: Try Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara to really curl the lashes then add a coat of L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara on top to really set the curl.
- WING OUT + INTENSIFY: Try Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara to wing the lashes out by “pulling” the wand out and up in each stroke. Then intensify the lashes with Tarte Gifted Smart Mascara, an incredibly intense formula that looks almost like patent leather!
- MAGNIFY + TOP COAT: Leave it to the clever folks at Covergirl to create one tube with two wands and two formulas in CoverGirl Bombshell Volume by lashblast Mascara. Use Wand #1 to build volume and Wand #2 to make the lashes as shiny as you can get!
What are your most favorite mascara duos? Let us know in the comments below! And if you try one of my five favorite cocktail pairings, please instagram or tweet us a picture and tag us!Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, build, easy, eye, eyelash, how to, lash, lashes, lengthen, long, make up, makeup, mascara, pretty, quick, separate, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial, volume