KEEPING YOUR WAVES OVERNIGHT
Okay, some of you may already be using a claw clip to put your hair up at night, but are you using them the best way? I’ve always, always, always slept with my freshly waved hair in a fun bun because it just keeps the curl so perfect. But recently I was traveling, I had just blown out and curled my hair and couldn’t find a ponytail holder to put it up. My friend had these mini claw clips with her and offered them to me. I used about 5 of them around the perimeter of a bun to secure my hair while I slept and I couldn’t believe how perfect my waves still were the next morning. Using just one to secure a bunch of hair has given me dents in the past, but the trick seems to be lots of little ones. Ive been trying it out for a couple weeks to make sure it wasn’t a happy accident and it’s still working perfectly. For those of you who take time and pride in curling your hair, or those of you who get blowouts, you’ll definitely want to use this.
- We started with “Day 1” hair. Freshly blown out, waved up and brushed out. (This photo was taken in the evening.)
- Flip your head and gather all of your hair.
- Now gently start to twist and coil all of the hair into a bun of the very top of your head. You don’t want to twist it so tight that it pulls out or reforms the curls, but it shouldn’t be too loose either. A happy medium is good.
- Wrap the ends under the bun. Again, don’t wrap it overly-tight.
- Now take your mini claw clips and GENTLY place them around the perimeter of the bun. I truly think the trick is sliding them into the hair without force. I don’t grab a lot of hair with the clip because that’s when you start to get dents. You’re going to use 4-5 clips so no need to get it all secured with just one.
- In the morning the bun will be a little loose, which is totally fine. Remove the clips.
- Shake it all out.
- Add a little shine serum to your ends.
- Or massage in a little dry shampoo at the root if you need it.
- In this photo you’ll see it’s been brushed out using that favorite brush of mine!
That’s it! These clips are available pretty much everywhere– RiteAid, Walgreens, Duane Reed, 99 cent stores, Target, Walmart, everywhere! They usually come in packs of 4-10 and they’re pretty cheap. Good luck! Let us know if you try it or even if you already do this in the comments below!