What can we say? We love love and tis the season! Got a bit inspired by all the Valentine’s Day buzz and decided to heart up. I did my best to make this something wearable for everyone and something that doesn’t look too young. It’s pretty simple and could be a cute look for a Valentine’s Day date. Here are the 7 simple steps to finding love in the hair…
You will need: bobby pins, 2 small ponytail elastics, a comb.
- Start by adding a little wave to your hair. Wand waves are great for this! Here we used this wand by TiGi which is only around $30!
- Next put your hair half up, separating into 2 small ponytails right next to each other.
- Now twist the right ponytail in a downward motion and slide a bobby pin into the base near the ponytail holder. This will keep it anchored as you twist.
- Next, wrap the ponytail up and over as you see in photo 4 to create the top of the heart. Keep twirling in the same direction.
- Add bobby pins to these 3 places.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add one more bobby pin at the bottom of the heart for extra security.
Here is an extra shot a little further away + a shot from the front. We think it’s super cute and wearable because it just looks like a simple half up bun situation from the front.
Hope you all have a nice Valentine’s Day! If you do this to your hair, don’t forget to share it with us @thebeautydept on instagram!Tags: cute girls hairstyles 2014, hair ideas 2014, hair trends 2014, heart braid, heart bun, heart bun hair, heart hair, heart hair 2014, heart twist, kristin ess, kristin ess hair, love is in the hair, pretty hair idea, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, twisted heart, valentine's day hair