CAT EYE BUMP UP
Super excited because today I’m starting a new makeup series of all the different ways to bump up your day makeup for nighttime! So let’s kick it off with the cat eye! Of course, you’re more than welcome to not change a thing about your cat eye when you leave work or school and meet friends or a date out on the town (in that case, you just go back over it with the liquid liner in case it’s faded a little). Or you can thicken it up a little and change the wing shape for extra drama. Here’s how:
I used Blinc – Ultrathin Liquid Eye Liner Pen because its tip is the thinnest that I’ve found so I can make little brush strokes and build slowly (and carefully!). For those of us on a budget, I also really love CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner Pen and Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Liner.
- Draw the base line of the wing by starting at the outside corner of the lashline and heading in the direction of the end of the brow.
- Visualize dividing that line into third’s then start 1/3 of the way of the way down from the tip’s end and draw a line at an angle (say 30 degrees) until it reaches the lashline. (Or just copy the pattern I drew above!)
- Now we’re moving on to the easy part, the lashline! Start at the inside corner and trace the lashline until you reach the point you ended at in step 2.
- Fill in the “hole” with quick little strokes.
NIGHT BUMP UP:
- Now forget about the thirds you divided the wing line into because now you’re going to draw the line all the way to the end of the tip. So start by mimicking the step above by thickening the wing on the left side and across the top.
- Then also thicken the lashline.
The cat eye is a very personal thing and everyone’s eyelids determine the wing shapes and thickness. So if you try these shapes and don’t love them, no offense taken! The takeaway here is to make the cat eye a little more dramatic when you go out a night. You don’t have to change the shape like I did, you could just make it thicker or longer! Or you can add a second color line above it like I did here!