We’re in the dead of winter and Summer feels like ages from now. But we don’t have to look like we’ve been living in a cave! Personally I prefer being pale and try to stay pale all year long. But every now and then I like to warm it up a little with a gorgeous bronze glow, and whenever I do, I never regret it! There’s just something beautiful and healthy-looking having a hint of color, especially in the winter months. And this method of mixing a luminizer with foundation, highlighting under the eyes then contouring with the bronzer and pairing it with a smoky taupe eye and a tulip pink lip is a fresh way to keep it from looking oompa loompa. Here’s how:
- Liquid Foundation
- Liquid Luminizer in Kitten Shimmer for light to medium skin tones or Bronze Shimmer for medium to dark skin tones.
- Egg Sponge
- Liquid Highlighter
- Bronzing + Highlighting Powders
- Peachy Gold Blush in Luster.
- Bronzy Taupe Shadow Stick in Almond.
- Brow Spoolie
- Intense Lip Balm Crayon in Fearless.
- Pour a quarter-size of liquid foundation into the balm of your hand.
- Pump a nickel-size of liquid luminizer into the foundation as demonstrated above.
- Mix the two together by swirling with your finger.
- Dampen the egg sponge and wring it out into a towel. Dip it into the mixture in the balm of your hand.
- Stipple and smear it all over your face and neck to really blend it in.
- Paint the liquid highlighter under the eye, and don’t forget both sides of the inner eye area.
- Pat it in with your ring finger.
- Set everything with the powder. Don’t forget to press, don’t sweep, the brush!
- Contour the lower half of the cheekbone, the temple, hairline and forehead, jawline and neck with the bronzing powder.
- Highlight just above the cheekbone and the browbone with the highlighting powder.
- Add a swirl of peach blush just above the apple of the cheek.
- Trace the lid with the eyeshadow stick. You can include the crease if you wish but we didn’t on Alyssa above.
- Trace the lower lashline with the shadow stick as well.
- Comb the lashes up and over with the spoolie.
- Add a few coats of mascara.
- Fill in the entire lip area with the tulip pink lip crayon.