TWISTED SISTER (UPDATED)
One of my favorite go-to ‘dos is my TBD oldie but goodie– Twisted Sister. It’s a fairly quick and easy updo. The problem with this particular hairstyle is it tends to fall out if your hair is super fine, extra thick or if you’re an animal on the dance floor. It’s so pretty but I wanted to do a version of this that would be extra-secure. Here’s how to get the same style with a little more security…
You will need: 2 clear elastic ponytail holders, bobby pins and some strong holding hairspray.
- I like to give my hair a little wave before starting most updos but this one in particular. For this I used a 1 1/4″ barrel iron.
- Take a small section from each side near the temple. Join the two pieces in back and wrap one of the clear elastics around it.
- Now “topsy turvy” the pieces(Aka: flip the ponytail over itself and feed it through the loop. That will create more of a twist than just two pieces joined together.)
- Repeat the process just below with two more pieces, closer to the ear.
- Now take the remaining hair that’s down and create a half ponytail bun. That’s where you make a ponytail but on the last loop you only pull it half way through.
- Now grab the tail that’s hanging out. Twist it and wrap it around the base of the bun. Get a little messy with it!
- Pin it in place with some large bobby pins for extra security.
- The final step is to tug on the topsy turvy twists until the clear elastics move down and hide themselves in the next section below. They should slide and hide pretty easily.
Check the back in a mirror for balance and spray all over using some strong holding hairspray. You know my favorite Superhold.
Here are some images of it from different angles!